[Sca-cooks] Pulling Dogs

Lisa Sawyer lady.ysabeau at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 07:13:44 PDT 2006

Stefan,
I live in South Austin and I've been missing my dog since she had a tragic
run-in with a truck. At least three times she scared off people trying to
break into my house in the middle of the night. I live in a good
neighborhood (Mopac Wm Cannon area). You never know when you will need it.

Every time she would go from being still and quiet to suddenly up and
barking, hair raised and racing from window to window trying to get out. Two
of the three times I saw the person and called 911. The last time I didn't
see anyone but called and explained my dogs behavior. The operator said that
any time your dog acts like (when they don't normally) it means there is an
intruder in their "territory" and I should go ahead and call 911. They
caught a guy breaking into cars two blocks from my house.