[Sca-cooks] FW: [MellowBellies] Trader Joe's Countdown (in Atlanta)

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 27 09:46:50 PDT 2006

Guenievre de Monmarche wrote:
> We're supposed to be getting one in Cary, NC (right between Raleigh and
> Durham) soon (they're still remodeling, so no estimated opening date yet,
> but still!). Anyway, having heard only rumors of the goodness that is Trader
> Joes, what should I be looking forward to?
>
> Guenièvre

Their bread-and-butter department is Wine.  Wide selection of popular
and obscure, all at discount prices.  Stock varies with availability and
the interesting deals that their buyers make. The famous/infamous "Two
Buck Chuck" Charles Shaw wine line is exclusive to Trader Joe's.

Good cheese selection, although stronger on luxury items than on
staples.  I could not get ricotta there the other day, which I found a
bit annoying because I was trying NOT to have to go to the regular
grocery store too.  Grr.

Bakery items, mostly under their own label.  Try the "Druid Circles"
oatmeal cookies.

Frozen prepared food and fine fish.  When I'm tired but want to eat
healthy I will buy their frozen cioppino.  Yum.

Nuts and dried fruit;  everything you need for Granola or Fruitcake,
very useful for tourney day grab-and-bite snacking.

Extreme Snack Foods!  Wide range of chocolate-covered nuts and fruit,
comparable to luxury groups like Harry & David's.  This was the first
place I tried chocolate covered espresso beans.  Jokingly, I get the
chocolate covered soy nuts and call them "My Female Supplement Pills".
Peanut butter filled pretzels.

That should start the salivation!
Selene