[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 5, Issue 35/ Patron Saints

Marcus Loidolt mjloidolt at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 05:54:14 PDT 2006

Benedicte,
  Please note that according to the various Catholic and Orthodox churces, patron saints are not 'assigned' to any particular group of people or trade of subject, ie you can ask anyone intercession for anything....its a personal choice/relationship thing....

  Personally I have an icon screen showing Lawrence, Martha and Anne( the mother of Mary) in my kitchen. Sts Dorothea and Fiarce as well as Father Adam watch over the garden, while Anthony the Great, Francis of Assisi and Welburg watch over the henhouse. St. Benedict and Scholastica guard the office/Scriptorium and the Theotokos and her Son have custody of the bedroom and everything else!!

  Abot Johann

  'Now Martha was busy setting things out for the company and became upset, saying "Lord, make my sister Mary come help me!" and Jesus replied, "Martha, Martha, you are concerned for many things, one thing only is required, your sister Mary has chosen the better part and she shall not be deprived of it!"

  Words to bear in mind when called from the kitchen to Court!

www.geocities.com/mjloidolt/marcus_page.html
"Let Charity be your hallmark and model for all you do,
if it is not loving, don't do it, it it is loving,
let nothing stop you from doing whatever is needed!"
(St. John Neumann)
"Have no fear or doubt anything and everything you give in this life will be paid back ahundred fold in the next"