[Sca-cooks] Fantasy foods

Lisa silvina at allegiance.tv
Wed Sep 13 11:03:23 PDT 2006

> I always had a problem with the Dragonriders series in that they seemed
> to have no diet other than bread, fruit, cheese and sausages.

Now that's not exactly true, I've read almost every Dragonrider book she's
writtten, and I remember a good many meals including tubers and meats.
Bread, fruit, cheese and sausages seem to be more travel fare than feast
fare.  Once or twice I remember fights starting at feasts and the carving
knife being used as a defense until they could get to a belt knife.  Stews
are also frequent fare.  I believe I've also seen mention of some greens. :)
I suspect Gunthar that you're remembering the dragonriders themselves when
they're in a hurry to be somewhere. :)

Elizabeta