[Sca-cooks] Pern Critters (was Fantasy Foods)

Martha Oser osermart at msu.edu
Wed Sep 13 16:35:53 PDT 2006

Wherries I always perceived as a turkey-like creature.  Watchwhers are what
folks are thinking of as the hold-guardians.  They were bred from indigenous
stock as part of the program to develop the dragons out of fire lizards.  I
think their origins are described in "Dragonsdawn," where the whole business
of genetically engineering the dragons is explained in detail.

I still need to get the last couple of books that have been produced.  Maybe
those of you who have already read them can tell me - are they worth it?  I
LOVE the early books, but I found myself becoming disappointed with some of
the later ones.  The stories and characters just weren't as strong and
gripping as the original sets.

 -Helena