[Sca-cooks] OOP- Bruffle Recipe

King's Taste Productions kingstaste at comcast.net
Fri Sep 15 08:41:39 PDT 2006

This looks good!
This comes from someone in my CSA.
Christianna

-----Original Message-----
From: mellowbellies at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:mellowbellies at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Peter Bluestone
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 11:19 AM
To: mellowbellies at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [MellowBellies] Chocolate creation recipe

Bruffle recipe
I really enjoy the baking chocolate from suenos. However like most
middle age chocolate lovers, I could do with out the excess calories in
brownies due to lots of butter, sugar and eggs. Thus I have been on a
quest to make an easy truffle/fudge creation with the maximum chocolaty
goodness but a minimum of the other stuff that adds fat and calories.
Here is my best effort to date. It is pretty easy, hope you enjoy.

Ingredients:
4 oz Suenos chocolate (1/4 lb)

6 oz Milk (I use low fat soy milk, use what ever you have)

2 1/2 tablespoons Butter

5 tablespoons Sugar

Pinch salt

½ tsp Vanilla

Coarsely Chop chocolate and butter
Combine chocolate, butter, milk, salt, and sugar in double boiler over
moderate heat.
Stir until smooth consistency,
Cook for 3-5 minutes
Remover from heat add vanilla
Pour into a greased shallow pan
Refrigerate for about an hour
When slightly set, sift powdered cocoa on top.
Cover and return to the refrigerator.

The end result is combination of fudge and truffle. This recipe is
probably too bitter for most kids. You can also add additional
ingredients such as nuts, raisins etc. or just enjoy the chocolate.

Double boiler note:
As the microwave, for the most part, has made the double boiler
obsolete, many of you may not have one. Not to fear, I don’t have one
either. However since no lid is required for this recipe you can
improvise pretty easily. Just use a pot and a heatproof bowl that fits
inside the pot snuggly. It should make a good seal, you don’t want too
much steam escaping when cooking, it will hurt you.