[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 5, Issue 67/ Himmel und Erde

Marcus Loidolt mjloidolt at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 17 16:22:31 PDT 2006

  Benedicte alles,
  Himmel und Erde as I know it....from a pre publication manuscript of a friend of mine from monastery days...'Gottes Lieb fur Mann' God' s love for man, a thousand years of monastic cooking, from Einsedeln. Einsedeln is a Swiss Benedictine monastery founded in the year 935.
  www.kloster-einsiedeln.sh/

  Himmel und Erde is Cabbage, Apples and Onions fried/sauteed' in butter with salt and pepper. Often served with goose or pork, but also with other meats and on fast days without butter and just using olive oil.

  I remember it being served even over here in American monasteries who trace their descent from Eisiedeln and Bavarian/Austrian communities.

  Johann von Metten

10. Re: Himmel und Erde (was Re: Bourbelier of Wild Pig) (Saint Phlip)

Message: 10