[Sca-cooks] Feudal model was Wikipedia article on MedievalCuisine

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 2 17:36:06 PDT 2007

On Aug 2, 2007, at 7:47 PM, Kathleen A Roberts wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 18:24:38 -0500
>   "Terry Decker" <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>

>> What "Dark Ages?"  We Celts were very enlightened
>> people.
>
> hear! hear!    why, we saved civilisation, doncha know? 8)
>
> cailte

The Franks still haven't gotten over Irish monks explaining to them
that their Latin was so bad, it was now another language...

So Charles The Bald and John Scotus Eirugenia go into a bar, see, and
they get a table and order up a couple of drinks, and as they're
sitting there, arguing philosophy, the king quips, "Quid distat inter
sottum et Scottum?", or roughly translated, "What is the distance
<what is the difference> between an idiot and an Irishman?" "Mensa
tantum!" <"A table's worth!"> John replies.

Badda bing!

Thank you very much, you've been a great crowd!

Adamantius