[Sca-cooks] OT/OOP: and in honor of the mid-Pennsic "silly season"...

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 8 10:51:39 PDT 2007

> On Aug 8, 2007, at 12:45 PM, Susan Fox wrote:
>

>> Sadly and tragically, the commercial sources of cheesecake in
>> proximity
>> to the MGM studio were completely inadequate to the task. Of the
>> classic
>> west side eateries, Cantor's, whilst being the only joint open all
>> night, has never exactly excelled in the Food department;  and Juniors
>> Deli is not and has never been exactly Lindy's either.
>>

> Is there a Junior's in Hollywood, and is it affiliated in some way
> with the Junior's in downtown Brooklyn?
I believe it was founded about the same time that this film was being
made, in the mid-50's.  Juniors is on the West Side [Westwood and Pico,
if memory serves] but it did not take long after our relocation in 1966
for my Brooklynite father to decide it was unworthy of the name and has
sneered at it ever since.  I snuck in there during college and didn't
find it as bad as all that, but when you are trying to match a homesick
memory, what can possibly live up to that?

Many thanks for the Magnificent Cheesecake Recipe.  I am having some
difficulty envisioning the crust structure with the strips on the
bottom.  Aren't they obscured by the cheesy goodness?

Yours in turophilia,
Selene