[Sca-cooks] Any period Mongolian recipes out there?

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Aug 24 07:33:04 PDT 2007

Dear, I think you're asking for the impossible. As I read you, you're
asking for either Mongolian food that isn't Mongolian, or
non-Mongolian food that is Mongolian.

If you read more, you'll discover that early period Mongolians didn't
do rice and noodles until they started conquering China. Once they did
conquer much of China (and other places) they started to adopt the
foods of their conquered nations, so Soup for the Qan is very
appropriate for later period Mongols.

Early Mongols were steppe people, and other than by conquest, their
diet consisted of mainly found foods and the products of their herds.
It was only later that grains and flours became part of their diet.

If you want Mongolian noodles and/or rice, you need to look at Soup for the Qan.