[Sca-cooks] Dessert Class from Pennsic

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Aug 27 19:44:24 PDT 2007

Jibril,

I second Kiri's comments. If you do get a copy of this handout, if
you could get the author to send me a copy of the handout in
electronic form I will consider adding it to the Florilegium if it is
complete enough to stand alone without the actual class.

This goes for any of you that wrote up handouts for Pennsic (or other
events) or who can convince their authors to send them to me n
electronic form. My standard policy is that the copyright remains
with the author and I will update or replace an article at any time,
which means a handout can get replaced with a more polished article
later. In the meantime folks across the Known World can be using and
learning from the information gathered for the class.

I am, for instance, currently working on Mistress Jadwiga's "Making
Medieval Style Scented Oils & Waters" at this time.

Jibril, while you are looking for this handout, there are some files
in the FOOD-SWEETS section of the Florilegium which do have some
recipes and redactions for medieval Middle Eastern sweets, such as:
Andlsn-Pstres-art (20K) 11/24/01    "Andalusian Pastries" by Dinah
bint Ismai'l.
    (Not exactly Middle Eastern, but often similar)
baklava-msg       (55K)  3/27/05    Period baklava-like layered
pastries.
hais-msg          (18K)  1/11/06    A medieval, Middle East sweet
made of dates,
                                        bread crumbs, ground nuts,
and sugar.
desserts-msg     (136K)  1/11/06    Medieval and SCA dessert recipes.
Sweets.
mamouls-msg       (20K)  1/ 9/02    A Middle Eastern date/nut/dried
fruit filled
                                        cookie embossed with patterns.
pastries-msg     (156K) 11/19/05    Medieval pastries. Recipes.

In the FOOD-BY-REGION section:
E-Arab-recip-art  (48K)  3/23/03    Early Arab recipes prior to the
13th Century
                                        by Anahita.
ME-revel-fds-art  (59K) 10/22/04    Medieval Middle Eastern foods
suitable for a
                                        revel or buffet w. recipes by
Anahita.

Stefan

====
If you should locate the handout, it would be wonderful if you (or she)
could make it available to all of us.

Kiri

On 8/27/07, Cennet Bahcesi <cennet.bahcesi.coffeehouse at gmail.com> wrote:

> During Pennsic, a lady who's name unfortunately escapes me, taught
> a class
> at
> Your Inner Vagabond on period Middle Eastern desserts. Due to the
> slightly
> wet
> weather of the event, my handout got ruined. I had hoped that maybe
> she
> would
> be on this list and be able to email me the handout....or that
> somebody on
> this
> list might have access to her and/or the handout.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jibril / Brad
====
--------