[Sca-cooks] Bourdain and Ruhlman was Cincinnati Chile

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Aug 28 10:00:41 PDT 2007

Both mention past encounters (sometimes rather drunken encounters) with
the other in their books too.

Such as:
“You miserable, misanthropic, elitist swine, Ruhlman,” I
barked. “This restaurant is good for the world.” Page 30 Anthony
Bourdain. */The Nasty Bits/*. 2006

“/A word about Bourdain/—for clarity, if such a state can ever be
connected with the man… My first encounter, in January 2001, with the
skeletal six-foot-for inch former chef—now celebrated author, popular
television personality, globe-trotting gadabout, restaurant-kitchen
pundit, and exuberant bon vivant (or perhaps /mal /vivant is more
appropriate/) –/had proved harmless (as far as I know). Page 34

Michael Ruhlman. */The Reach of a Chef. Beyond the Kitchen/*. 2006

Johnnae