[Sca-cooks] OT/OOP Oven Smoker Bags???

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 29 08:34:10 PDT 2007

< < < <I would love some way to smoke items in the apartment.
I like Master A's idea of using a Dutch Oven but I wonder
if enough smoke leaks out to set off the fire alarm. > > > >

Yes.  the smoke has to go somewhere, and it seeps out or billows when you
open the lid.  You could construct some kind of small box smoker that has
the smoke piped out the window with stove pipe or some sort of ventilation
ducting.  Do a panel to fill the window opening like you do with an AC unit,
and run the duct through it . . . just like with one of those roll-around AC
units you can get.

Not that indoor fires are safe or anything :o)

niccolo difrancesco