[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 16, Issue 10

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 16:42:02 PDT 2007

Ian Kusz wrote:

> huh....and no one included that roman fish sauce....:))))
> (garum?  liquamen? whatever.)

You are absolutely right! At a dinner party in this century in this
world a guest remarked, "sauce, sauce what is a Spaniard without
sauce???" I rectify my list immediately replacing herbs for garum. My
herbs are in the garden. Don't need them in the pantry but how can I
live in medieval Spain without garum? Thank you have saved my day and my
noble reputation for hospitality in "my Spanish castle"!

> Of course, everyone I've heard mention it has said it's concentrated evil,
> but, well.......

You are right about that. I have tasted it. It stinks to my palate but
then we didn't have todays' substitutes so maybe I liked it then. - If
my imagery life was real.
> On 7/30/07, Suey <lordhunt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 1. salt
>> 2. flour