[Sca-cooks] Silly season

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 12 16:32:45 PDT 2007

On Aug 12, 2007, at 6:34 PM, Johnna Holloway wrote:

> Hey, we've not discussed the departure of the tabloid Weekly World
> News which is ending its weekly publication.

Good heavens! This is terrible news indeed! Where will I go for my
weekly dose of the latest info on BatBoy, Bigfoot, and the ghosts of
Anna Nicole and/or Elvis, aliens visiting the White House, and last,
but not least, the finest in non-coastal bipartisan intolerance
punditry by the One True Master, in each week's installment of "My
America" by Ed Anger???

There's always the New York Post, I suppose, but it's just not the
same, and The Fortean Times is far too demanding, intellectually.
Maybe Weird New Jersey would do, but you probably need to actually
live in NJ to get the full effect.

I remember hosting dinner parties years ago, using a polished wooden
table and unfolded pages of the WWN as place mats. People would read
theirs, then locate the other guest who had the page with the
continuation on Page 26 of the article about being abducted and used
as Bigfoot's love slave. It made for quite jovial gatherings, if
perhaps a little messy.

Adamantius