[Sca-cooks] so ... what do YOU eat.

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 04:07:18 PDT 2007

Yup, we pretty much do the same thing.  And we do our shopping, especially
for meats, cheeses, etc. at our local Restaurant Depot prior to
Pennsic...this saves loads of money.  We each contribute a specific amount
toward the food plan per day...this year the plan started on Saturday and
ran through the following Saturday morning.  We each paid $5 per day, which
covered breakfast and dinner.  We ate very well...beef stew, a chicken-pesto
pasta, home-made pork barbeque, baby back ribs, etc, all accompanied with
veggies and fruit.  There were even snack things like pickles, fruit, chips
and nachos.  I did a Relay for Life dinner (or was supposed to, but the
winners of the auction were forced to back out because of illness), one
course of which was paid for by the food plan.  That was the only meal that
consisted of period dishes.  (The RFL dinner was a three-course meal,
cuisine of the purchaser's choice, from a list of three, which was auctioned
off back in the Spring to support our local Relay...it sold for $300!)

Kiri