[Sca-cooks] Boil-in bag meals question

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 16 12:44:10 PDT 2007

>Helen Schultz wrote:
<<<<snip>>>>

> >   By the way, I did have a leg of lamb that I brought out to Pennsic
>this year (with bone), that I thought would stay frozen much longer than it
>did.  But, it was purchased from Sam's Club in one of those seal-a-meal
>type bags, and even though it had been thawed out for nearly a week (kept
>on ice, though), it tasted wonderful.  It would have been better if
>marinated, though... so might have to work on that for next year. >

One very efficent way I have used to marinate these "already sealed" things
is to inject the marinade right through the wrapping into the meat, just on
the top surface but at but at different depths, then just set in foil or a
shallow pan to catch any dripping and plop back in the cooler overnight or
all day.
Olwen