[Sca-cooks] Cheese fat?

Marcha nigsdaughter at satx.rr.com
Thu Aug 16 16:14:24 PDT 2007

For Steppes Artisan I made some yoghurt cheese. I added chopped dates,
chopped almonds and honey for flavor.(I made wafers to go along with the
cheese)  It seemed to go over really well. Someone, I'm old and poor with
names, told me it was period to make this kind of cheese.
All you need is a large container of unflavored yoghurt (make sure there is
no gelatin or anything else in it.).  Line a strainer with cheesecloth (or
paper towels), place that all in a large bowl and then dump the yoghurt in
it.  Cover, place in the  refrigerator, in about two hours you will see the
cream cheese forming.  I usually dump the whey and continue refrigerating
for at least twenty-four hours.  Next time, I am going to make my own
yoghurt first.
Hope to see you at LP.
Bertha