[Sca-cooks] OOP: Salsa storage

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Sun Aug 19 19:45:51 PDT 2007

>I made some fresh tomato salsa tonight since my tomato plants are going
>nuts.  How long will it keep covered in the fridge?  I used the  tomatoes, raw
>onion, raw garlic, one each Anaheim chile and jalapeno pepper,  lime juice, fresh
>cilantro, and salt and pepper.
>We are hosting the shire craft night on Wednesday, I'd like to be able to
>serve it then.  And know what to do with any of it we haven't eaten!

In my experience, uncooked salsas are best eaten within 2 or 3 days.  It's basically a chopped salad after all.  A little extra lime on the top, and plastic wrap pushed down into it might help.  I seldom have enough left over to worry about.  Cooked salsa lasts a little longer and could be frozen.

Ranvaig