[Sca-cooks] Capers

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Aug 23 18:27:04 PDT 2007

Selene commented:
<<< I had such a funny conversation with my mother just the other
day.  For
years, she thought that capers were a kind of fish, since she usually
saw them with anchovies or lox.  They even had little tails!

Good thing she has a foodie kid.  <chuckle>

There's some talk of a caper shortage?  Should we plant caperberry
bushes and pickle our own?  >>>

For a little bit on period uses of capers.

capers-msg        (19K)  9/19/01    Use of capers in medieval food.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/capers-msg.html

Before I joined this mail list, I had no idea what capers were.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com