[Sca-cooks] Brazillian pig-out- OOP

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Aug 26 07:09:42 PDT 2007

It's Rob's B'day tomorrow, so last night, R&M&I went out to a
Brazillian Churrascaria restaurant, to celebtate. First time I'd ever
been to one of that type, and I was very much looking forward to it,
after Adamantius' description on this List, some time ago. The name of
the place was Brazo, in Hartford, CT.

It was WONDERFUL ;-) The deal is, they have an excellent salad bar,
with all sorts of goodies to start you off- standard stuff like tossed
salad makings, devilled eggs, and recognizable American-style cold
salads (onion, cuke, and tomato in a vinegar and oil dressing, for
example) to specialties including couscous, black beans and orzo.
Worth a meal there, itself.

But, the main idea of the restaurant is to serve you meat, and such
meat it is ;-) Basicly, at intervals, they come out with meat on a
skewer, and the server describes it, and if you want some, they give
you a piece or three, however much you want. If you want more, they'll
bring out a skewer if you ask.

Guys, it was excellent ;-) There were at least 3 types of pork, a
couple of poultry, some excellent salmon, lamb, and at least 5
different presentations of beef. Me, I'm not a big eater, so I was
going for the smallest possible pieces, or splitting a piece with R or
M to minimize waste ( I hate wasting food, but I was determined to
taste everything they brought out, for future reference). If you love
good meats, well-prepared, I strongly suggest you try this style of
restaurant.

And, while it certainly wasn't cheap, at $38 per person for the meal
(drinks and dessert excepted) it certainly wasn't a budget breaker.

                                              <Burp>

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Priorities:

Denial of evidence is not refutation of evidence.

Blessed be the self-righteous, for they shall inherit themselves.