[Sca-cooks] Vanilla [was: Sweet chocolate, Modican chocolate (OOP -- maybe)]

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 27 08:45:43 PDT 2007

-----Original Message-----

Thanks for correcting that. My mind had been on Madagascar being the major vanilla producer today. So the Spanish would have been familiar with Aztec chocolate drinks flavored with vanilla, or honey, or hot pepper, or maybe even all three. And the presence of vanilla in sweets is thanks to the Spanish as well ... Do you know, or does anyone know, how quickly did vanilla show up in recipes?

Gianotta