[Sca-cooks] Honey, I'm Home...

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 29 12:18:12 PDT 2007

Stefan li Rous wrote:
>Wow. Almost coast to coast and back again. That was quite a trip.

Well, i left home driving by the San Francisco Bay, considered an
extension of the Pacific, and on the way home drove across a bridge
over the Delaware Bay, considered an extension of the Atlantic. I
also passed through 19 different states.

>  > Gee, but it's good to be back home...
>
>That's often what I hear people say when they *get* to Pennsic. :-)

Well, it wasn't home to me. Perhaps after another time or two, with
less rain :-)

Kiri wrote:
>Unfortunately, this was not the best Pennsic for you to attend... the weather
>was unusually rotten... though, according to traditional calculations, it was
>due to be a "Pennsic Puddle!"  The traditional calculations are that any
>Pennsic whose number is evenly divisible by 4 will be a puddle... because
>Pennsic 4 was a puddle, and it has pretty much followed that ever since.
>Hopefully, Urtatim, you'll be able to come back for a Pennsic in a dry year!

Well, there were so many days of rain... far more than i heard was
usual (whatever "usual" is for Pennsic). Even before i left Cooper's
Lake i threw away the cotton drop cloth i use as my pavilion floor
over my "ubiquitous blue tarp" and i've got some mildewed stuff that
i will have to replace (i got to wash it in hot water and bleach at
my cousin's house in Columbus Ohio on the 15th, so it isn't still
alive...).

And while i know it's usually hot and humid at Pennsic, is it usually
so suffocatingly humid? Sometimes i was partially "blinded" even if i
wasn't moving, because sweat was pouring off my face, and the salty
liquid kept getting in my eyes.

I had fun working for Devra for two afternoons. And besides Stefan
and Ranvaig I actually saw a number of listees, such as Jadwiga, even
though i didn't get to say hello.

However, i never saw a Tuchuk... so my experience wasn't quite complete...

Maybe next year...
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita