[Sca-cooks] sauerkraut

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Aug 28 19:27:45 PDT 2007

Adele de Maisieres commented:
<<< People in this neck of the woods are demons for sauerkraut at
feasts,
though. >>>

Do you use a particular period recipe or description or a modern
version?

I think I have a few recipes in this file but would like to have more:
sauerkraut-msg    (36K)  9/25/05    Period sauerkraut and pickled
cabbage.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/sauerkraut-msg.html

Hmmm. Okay in reviewing this file, unless you've since found a period
recipe, your previous comments there sound like you are using general
descriptions for making it.

There are various period mentions in that file on serving sauerkraut,
just no recipe for it, other than this one for salted cabbage.

=====