[Sca-cooks] Sponge sugar

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Aug 1 16:41:16 PDT 2007

    in the Diccionario tecnológico inglés-español y español-inglés de
    los términos y frases usados en las

spun sugar is given as azucarillo. I didn't find pink sugar listed. This
book is part of Google books
so one can search the terms if one can get the system to cooperate.

I've been away (we were down at Notre Dame University )and am just
getting back into e-mails so everything is stacked up.
I think that Laura Mason talks about this. Also the book on Careme talks
about sponge sugar as part of
what they made the rocks out of in those 19th century sugar centerpieces.

Let me check and get back to you.

Johnnae