[Sca-cooks] OT/OOP: and in honor of the mid-Pennsic "sillyseason"...

Kathleen A Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Thu Aug 9 12:58:50 PDT 2007

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 15:39:15 -0400
  "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius"
<adamantius1 at verizon.net> wrote:

anything I see with Gordon Ramsey makes me
>want to just
> smack somebody in the face,

i never understood the attraction of all that screaming
and general nastiness.

last nights top chef was amusing with the contestants in
their fancy duds suddenly having to cook.  my husband
thought it was unfair and geared for the guys to do well,
since all they had going was maybe a nicer shirt as
opposed to the ladies with joan crawfords and saxy tops.
 me, i'd have been screaming for a t-shirt and some sneaks
or flip-flops before i did anything.  of course, i don't
wear joan crawfords and saxy tops as a rule, so....

>so no crabs
> for lunch. Ah, well, soft shells are out of season
>anyway (at least
> they should be...)

yer a mean man!  ah, soft crap gently sauted in butter and
nuttin' else on some white bread with lettuce, tomato and
a touch of mayo, with the legs all hanging out of the
bread.  used to call them spider sammiches.

of course, there is always the crab place online if we can
ever save up a spare hundred bucks...

cailte
who has been known to take off the fancy overdress and
help out in the kitchen in the undertunic and apron...
"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy."
W. B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Coordinator of Freshman Admissions
University of New Mexico