[Sca-cooks] Greetings from the Incipient Shire of Tymberhavenein AnTir

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 12 15:27:06 PDT 2007

On Aug 12, 2007, at 4:16 PM, Barbara Benson wrote:

>> Responded privately with blatant recipe ripoff variant warning.  I
>> might be
>> able to create a signature calzone with this!
>>
>> niccolo difrancesco
>> (Pizzaiolo by night . . . and looking for medieval threads to bake
>> in)
>
> You know I would be flattered! Make sure you use dried plum tart tho -
> prune pie just doesn't sound as appealing.

Or even plum pie/tart. Dried prunes aren't just any old dried plums;
they're a specific type of plum, so there are dried plums out there
for which the term "prune" doesn't apply. I made this tart with dried
sour yellow plums and it was pretty smashing, although I cheated and
used open pre-made tart shells, and served them, IIRC, with a big
dollop of whipped creme fraiche on top. Apart from the shock to
people expecting sweetened Chantilly cream and getting something like
sour cream (believe me, they adapted), they went over very well.

Adamantius