[Sca-cooks] so ... what do YOU eat.

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Tue Aug 14 18:19:18 PDT 2007

I think it's great what you and Anne-Marie, and Lainie do (eating medievally at camping events).  It's a big part of how I get into the mood, too, and if I had the opportunity to exercise some choices over what I was eating, I'd definitely being doing things less modern.  As it is, though, my life right now, and my limitations (no resisting family members, but I do travel with others, and don't have the resources to do my own camp cooking) mean that I get to eat what the organizers have decided on.
Oddly enough, I've got some authentic-friendly acquaintances who, despite their decided preferences for medieval foods at feasts and indoor events, specifically CHOOSE not to cook/serve period food when camping, because of the ease of cooking more modern things.  Out of cans. <g>  I never have gotten my head around that one.....
--Maire, in a kingdom where you can count the hard-core foodies on both hands, and probably have fingers left over, alas....