[Sca-cooks] medieval boil-in bag meals

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 16 06:42:25 PDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
to whit I reply:
<<<SNIP>>>
I've even done roast pork with sauce by making the sauce ahead of time,
roasting the pork at home, sliceing the pork and packaging WITH the sauce
and reheating on site. > > > > > >

You can even do roasted chicken if you flatten it out before sealing it.
You loose the crispy skin, but it works.  Lamb chops same thing, but you
don't have to flatten much.  Game hens would do as well.  You would be
absolutely amazed what you can manage with a little creativity and a firm
grasp of fundamentals of boil in bag reheating.  We even did the lombard
chicken from Menagier!  Done flat enough, and thoroughly thawed before
cooking, you can heat them through in about 15 to 18 minutes at a high
simmer.  Remember that water, like an oven, has variable heat levels ;o)

niccolo difrancesco
(only done b-n-b camping once, and it was a general success)