[Sca-cooks] An Excess of Figs

silverr0se at aol.com silverr0se at aol.com
Tue Aug 21 09:45:50 PDT 2007

I didn't think that there was such a thing as an excess of figs but my Mom's tree, after about 40 years, has finally produces a bumper crop, much more than Mom and I can eat (and that is quite a lot). Any ideas about what to do with the extras that DOESN'T involve standing over a hot stove in August?

Mom is pissed because she is in the process of moving and only NOW the tree decides to bear fruit. (OK, it was in a very large pot for about 25 of those years) She want to take a cutting along to her new house. Has anyone ever grown a fig tree from a cutting and maybe has some helpful hints?

Thanks!

Renata