[Sca-cooks] TI Volunteers Needed

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 26 19:01:56 PDT 2007

Forwarded from another list:

Volunteers Needed: Tournaments Illuminated Review Board

Tournaments Illuminated is looking for volunteers with expertise in all
Society activities to volunteer for the new TI review board. In order to
ensure the articles published in TI are of a high quality and as accurate as
possible, we are starting a list of people who are willing to review
submissions for content. Our intent is that all article submissions to TI
will go through this process in the future.

Unfortunately, the editorial team are not experts in every Society art,
science, martial activity, or administrative area. That's where we need the
help of those who are. We will be creating a pool of volunteers who are
willing to review articles and provide constructive and objective criticism.
Because of the breadth of the SCA's scope, it is possible you may never be
called upon to review an article-or you may be called more frequently
(although never more often than once per quarter). It is important that if
you volunteer to assist that you be willing to meet deadlines for providing
feedback. All reviews will be conducted via e-mail and through an ftp site,
so you must also have reliable Internet access.

If you are willing to volunteer your knowledge to help improve TI, please
contact Magistra Nicolaa de Bracton at nicolaa55 at yahoo.com
<mailto:nicolaa55 at yahoo.com>, and provide the following:

SCA name

Modern name

Contact info (e-mail address)

Areas of expertise

What are your qualifications in these areas? (e.g. SCA awards, modern
degrees/certifications, years of experience, etc.)

It is our hope that this will help take Tournaments Illuminated to the next
level and result in a quality publication that is not only interesting to
read, but contains well-researched, accurate, and useful information. Please
feel free to disseminate this announcement widely to all SCA-related mailing
lists.

Magistra Nicolaa de Bracton

Editor emerita of Tournaments Illuminated and head of the TI Review Board

(please feel free to forward widely....)