[Sca-cooks] A request for sources on Khazar

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Aug 27 19:17:10 PDT 2007

Khadir bar Yosef asked about the Khazars and Khazar foods:

<<< If you have sources I can investigate (preferably translated)
please let
me know.  If you have recipes from this region, that would be great, I
would like to do the redactions.  (I will happily take redacted as well)
So far I have found little that can be documented to the region. >>>

I'm afraid I've seen very little on the Khazars, period. And very
little if any on their foods. It s possible that there is some info
on their foods in this file in the CULTURES section of the
Florilegium. What there is is likely to guesses from archeological
info or guesses from what other cultures wrote about them.

Khazars-msg       (20K) 11/30/02    Medieval Jewish kingdom near the
Caspian Sea
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/Khazars-msg.html

Perhaps the file will be useful to you, though. Of course if you've
got some additional info that isn't in there, I'd welcome a message
or two that I could add to this file. Or perhaps even an article. :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com