[Sca-cooks] Fw: OT & OOP: Beowulf

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 1 13:21:53 PST 2007

Margaret wrote:
>Well my seventeen year old grandson loved it. Maybe you aren't young and
>male enough.

Well, my daughter has assured me that my mental age is young enough,
but indeed, i am not a teen-age male.

I do enjoy some "male-oriented" films - action films and horror
movies (but not some of the very cruel recent ones). However, i've
never fantasized about gigantic pecs and shoulders and washboard abs
all shiny with oil - Beowulf was just a bit too "glossie" in the
trailers i saw - looked more like an entrant in a body building
competition (not a fantasy of mine), and not a Medieval hero.

I suspect that the film did benefit from 3D - is it in 3D everywhere
or just in special theaters?.

I saw those 3D Warhol films back in the 70s (Frankenstein and
Dracula) for which viewers were given polarizing lens in cheap
frames. Nothing like the effect of a bit of internal organ hanging
off the end of a gaff over your lap. Ah, the memories of my youth...
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita