[Sca-cooks] More fun with geese... somewhat OT...

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Dec 3 09:15:05 PST 2007

I haven't had much to say about the birdies recently- they've been
growing apace, are generally healthy, and have discovered that some of
them are boys and some of them are girls. Still all highly
opinionated, and still consider the ducks as part of the flock, so, in
essence, I have 10 full sized geese, and 4 runts. Both flocks, the
Brown Chinese crosses, and my Tufted Romans, have settled down and
worked out most of their differences, although the Romans are still
slightly dominant over the Chinese.

However, when we built their pen, I told Rob I didn't really think it
was a good idea to build it on a steep hill, and last nights sleet
storm proved my point.
This morning, I went out to feed, and had 14 loud and annoyed voices
inform me that they couldn't get back up the hill.

This would be merely amusing, except that all their food, water, and
shelter is at the top of the hill, so I called Rob and told him we
need to make other arrangements. He wants to move them into the
chicken pen, and the chickens into the goose. Why do I have the
feeling that this is going to be an adventure?

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard