[Sca-cooks] elusive Stefan....

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Dec 4 18:50:50 PST 2007

On Dec 4, 2007, at 8:29 PM, Etain1263 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/4/2007 8:13:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> ranvaig at columbus.rr.com writes:
>
> Next  week...  ...The Elusive HL Stefan li Rous...
>

> Actually...anyone who goes to Pennsic has the means to meet Stefan  .

Yes, but how well do you really know him? For example, and I don't
want to throw out too many spoilers here, but who here had any inkling
of his translation of the I Ching?

>   Just
> take a class..or, better yet, go down to SPCA and hang out  for an
> evening.
> He's charming and quite nice.

Absolutely. I couldn't agree more!

>  But then, Master A...we never see YOU at Pennsic!     So..who's the
> elusive
> one?

I guess it depends on what you're trying to elude. The honest, boring
answer is that I don't drive, love the SCA and camping too much to mix
the two pursuits. Some undeniable deficiency in my character left me
after the couple of Pennsics I've attended with less satisfaction in
general than it seems to give others. I don't mind SCA camping for a
night or two...

Adamantius