[Sca-cooks] Freezing sausage

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 09:14:42 PST 2007

I've not done it myself, but Jimmy Dean does it all the time...why don't you
purchase a package of the frozen, pre-cooked sausages and see what they
taste like.

I have frozen uncooked sausages...not sure, but you might try this, then
cooking them in the cooking bag??

Kiri

On Dec 7, 2007 11:13 AM, Michael Gunter <countgunthar at hotmail.com> wrote:

> My 12th Night feast is going to be a bit unusual in preparation
> because there won't be much for kitchen facilities. So I'll be
> making a lot of it ahead of time and reheating it in boiling bags
> in hot water over Turkey Fryers.
>
> This weekend I'm making 60 lbs of bratwurst and I'm wondering
> if anyone has had experience freezing and reheating cooked
> sausage. I've made sausage before and froze it uncooked. It
> cooked up just fine after thawing. But has anyone frozen cooked
> sausage and then reheated it?
>
> I'm worried about degradation of the texture. Although the boiling
> bags are very forgiving and are much easier on reheating food I
> still would prefer not to get an unpleasant surprise. I can cook them
> on site in the big stockpots of water but would prefer to keep
> the water clean if at all possible.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Gunthar

Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
                   -- C.E. Lawrence