[Sca-cooks] Freezing sausage

rattkitten rattkitten at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 9 18:03:11 PST 2007

Nope you are exactly right... I figured that it went without saying on
this list.  Get the meat to temp but don't let it stay in the pan
heating... most people will leave things in and cooking to long
anyways.... thus the "Cook it halfway"... Side note BTW my sausages were
store bought.  Cooking to 160 degrees is about medium to medium rare for
sausages so they are about perfect for freezing and retaining the safety
and texture.  I have never seen a case on this list where anyone has
poisoned anyone yet... :) so I was going on the assumption that most of
the folks knew to cook to adequate temp.  Thanks for pointing that out!

Funny your health inspector is late as well... mine was 3 months late
this time.  Happy to say that we earned a straight 100!!! Whoo Hooo
nothing like looking good for the boss man!

Nichola