[Sca-cooks] OOP Burned Popcorn

rattkitten rattkitten at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 9 18:23:35 PST 2007

> On a tangential note, what is it about what may be argued to be the
> fastest cooking utensil in human history, that makes some people
> compulsively _walk away from it_ while it is working?

Amen Brother!!!!!!!!!  My wife does this... funny thing is, it stops
cooking it just keeps beeping....  So you are in there cooking and Beep,
you're stirring something Beep, and you Beep, are thinking Beep, I
simply asked you to melt Beep, Some butter Beep, Now I have to Beep,
stop stirring my sauce Beep, so that I can go and push Beep, a button.

> Now, obviously when you put a 28-pound turkey in a standard oven, by
> all means find something to occupy your time. However... microwave
> popcorn whose instructions generally state that the job will take _up
> to_ a given time???

Spew!!!! How the hell did you fit a 28 pound bird into a microwave?  Oh
wait I misread.... Standard Oven... Got it.  I thought you meant
standard sized microwave oven.... giggle.   In our case we simply didn't
watch him putting the bag in... so it was our fault since it was like
his second time and I think the First time I "Helped" him so it was his
first time solo... easy mistake to make when you can't read.

> Adamantius

Nichola