[Sca-cooks] Is it just me, or when did they start doing this???

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 12:32:23 PST 2007

A really cool thing I discovered several years ago is that my clan
(modern-type Scottish Clan) owns the Bowmore distillery...Clan Morrison!
Sad to say, I'm not really a Scotch drinker either, but my sweetie is...and
he LOVES the stuff.

Kiri

On 12/10/07, Craig Jones <drakey at internode.on.net> wrote:

> Whereas, the older and peatier they are the better... I used
> to absolutely loathe scotch until a friend introduced me to
> Laphroaig, Ardbeg, Bowmore.  Oh my good god... You could
> spend a lifetime trying to guess all the flavours rolling
> around on your tongue with those babys!
>
> Engine cleaner, hospital floor cleaner, seaweed, marshy
> bits, tar, roast lamb's crunchy burnt bits, floral, peppery,
> heather, salt, slate, all those notes are loved and
> savoured....
>
> Drake - Islay malt lover...
>
> > Some do, some don't.  It wouldn't be something I'd offer
> > to the purists, for sure.  Me, I think it tastes like
> > engine cleaner, no matter how old, how peaty, etc. it is.
> > ::shudders:: --Maire

Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
                    -- C.E. Lawrence