[Sca-cooks] Cookie Question (OOP, but close to our hearts)

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 12 09:54:48 PST 2007

People who have problems with sucrose, also usually have problems with
other carbohydrates so I have long since given up trying to make
substitutions in flour-based treats.

On the other hand... meringues can be executed using powdered sucrolose,
I have tasted some very nice ones.  I don't have a recipe handy, but
google with the keywords "recipe splenda meringue" and I'm sure
something useful will pop right up.

There is sugar-free chocolate around that is quite palatable and works
just fine in candy molds and for almond bark.  The only caveat here is
the laxative effects of sorbitol and similar compounds.

Selene