[Sca-cooks] Stollen Recipe - Advice Needed

terry l. ridder terrylr at blauedonau.com
Sun Dec 16 20:44:44 PST 2007

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007, Martha Oser wrote:

> Greetings Unto the List:
>
> As part of my Christmas baking this year,
> I decided to try a recipe that appeared
> in the King Arthur Flour catalog - Stollen Bites.

<snip>

i have tried this recipe and have also come
to the conclusion that it is in need of some
modification. i have sent king arthur flour
an e-mail concerning the recipe but have
received no answer as of yet.

it just appears that it is in need of some
additional liquid fat or moisture.

> Can anyone offer some advice on this?

there are two places i am looking at.
the starter and the total fat content.
the starter just seems a bit overboard
on the flour side of things. i am planning
on cutting the flour down to 1/3 cup. i can
always add flour later to adjust the dough
look and feel.

the dough needs some liquid fat so i am
planning on melting the butter on the next
batch.

--
terry l. ridder ><>