[Sca-cooks] pasta water as a binder

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Dec 17 20:22:44 PST 2007

It's called reserving the pasta water or "reserved pasta water."
You can find it on Google where articles read like "reserve a little of
the pasta water to thin the sauce if necessary."
http://www.epicureantable.com/articles/apasta.htm
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/08/04/FDGL080CVF1.DTL&type=travelbayarea

You can even search it through Google Books. Try the phrase "reserved
pasta water".

Does this help?

Johnnae