[Sca-cooks] OP - liquid Spenda

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 19 07:28:57 PST 2007

> Somewhere on the same site is an article written, I believe, by a
> diabetic experiencing much social pressure for hating aspartame and
> drinking Tab with saccharine...
>
> Adamantius

Heh, I feel that pain.  I used to be a pack-a-day Diet Coke drinker
until my mother challenged me to give it up for a week, that aspartame
wasn't any good for me.  Just To Shut Her Up, I agreed... and found that
my "arthritis" went away.  Arthritis does not just go away.  However,
"joint pain", while not at the top of the list of common aspartame
side-effects, is nonetheless still ON the list.  I was impressed.  I'm
drinking Diet Rite now.

Lately, in my part of the country anyway, Tab has been rebranded for use
as Coca-Cola Co.'s sugar-free "energy drink".  Meh.

In the meantime, it may be worth knowing that Da Vinci's sugarfree line
includes a plain, unflavored simple syrup.  I use it in my coffee.
http://www.davincigourmet.com/products/product_details/?productID=213

Checking their product and nutrition FAQ, they tell which of their
products may have gluten or dairy, corn is not mentioned.  They do have
a toll-free number for further questions of course.
http://www.davincigourmet.com/customer/help/product_and_nutrition_faq/

Hope this helps!

Selene