[Sca-cooks] Hard to Get Ingedients

Sam Wallace guillaumedep at worldnet.att.net
Thu Dec 20 17:44:36 PST 2007

Hello and happy holidays,

I was looking at a book of flora and fauna I got at a yard sale recently and
found that marsh mallows were imported from Europe to North America at some
point and now can be found growing wild in parts of the country. Alas, they
do not happen to grow here in Georgia. I was wondering if it might be
possible to persuade someone to send me some.

To go a little further, I know there have been lists compiled of odd spices
and where to obtain them, but has anyone gone to the trouble of doing so
with other ingredients as well? I plan on finding an organic orange-grower
to get flowers from this spring and have found a source of elderberry shubs
for both berries and flowers. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Guillaume