[Sca-cooks] Hard to Get Ingedients

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 22 06:59:04 PST 2007

We have a little orange plant that they call 'globe mallow' that is related to the marsh mallow.  The roots have the same properties as the marsh mallow.  If I recall correctly, (and I may not ... being as deep into the holiday season as possible right now) the root of the mallow was boiled in sugar syrup for hours and hours and hours until the chewy root imbibed enough sugar that it became pouffy.  The end result was a sticky chewy candy.  I've considered trying it. but so far have not had the time (read that to say determination) to try them.