[Sca-cooks] "scotch/irish" was virtual cookie exchange

Arianwen ferch Arthur caer_mab at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 23 12:03:27 PST 2007

and the guys at the liquor store (who tend to know our
buying

patterns and that we don't tend to bother with crap)
were recommending

a product called Redbreast, which is apparently 12
years old, but
alleges to be the only single-pot-still Irish whisky
available. I
think she decided to get some for the house next
time...

In the mean time, the Tullamore Dew website states
that a huge number
of distilleries in Ireland were sold and closed in
approximately 1959,

and that almost all the Irish whisky on the market is
made in one of
only two distilleries.

Adamantius

I have received a bottle of Red Breast, I intend it
for my friend who is attempting to taste all the
"singles" available (a noble ambition?) but didn't
realize quite how rare it might be (rumor has it that
it is cheaper in NI than in Ireland for some strange
reason... (I have also obtained a bottle of the
Bushmills variety which is the distillery in NI...

Arianwen ferch Arthur
"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. And inside of a dog it's too dark to read." G. Marx