[Sca-cooks] OT OOP Russian cake question

Solwerlad fitzlancelot at seznam.cz
Thu Dec 27 11:28:19 PST 2007

Sounds A LOT like the Russian (USSR, to be more precise) version of the Napoleon cake.
The pastry is millefeuille, and the filling is either the sour-cream
kind (the cheaper version) or a sort of zabaglione, perhaps with flour
in it.

The more layers you make, the more luxurious the cake is considered to
be :-)

Solwerlad,

who grew up in USSR, but never really liked that kind of cake.