[Sca-cooks] Horseradish cream sauce OOP

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 2 19:44:25 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----
< < < < And to my great disappointment found out
that they, too, now serve it with a ranch dressing. Sigh.

I think the Arby's horseradish sauce is my favorite commercial
horseradish sauce, since it is smooth and still has a bunch of kick
to it.

I tried the frozen pre-breaded mushrooms at home, once. They lost all
their breading in the hot oil. :-(

Stefan  > > > > > > > > >

Stefan, I (and maybe you) can find grated horseradish in a jar in the
vegetable section.  It still packs some punch if not as complex as fresh
grated.  You should be able to mix a sauce of 1 part mayo to 1 part sour
cream, then add herbs and desired amount of grated horseradish.

(PS my father makes a ham glaze of equal parts horseradish, mustard and
brown sugar.  Zippy and sweet-tart.  Spectacular on baked hams and as a
dipping sauce)

niccolo difrancesco