[Sca-cooks] Freezing sausage

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 7 08:59:11 PST 2007

> I think you can do it. Unless you cook them for a very long time,

According to Sabrina Welserin the sausages are boiled as long as a
hard boiled egg, around 15 minutes.

I'm going to have to add a bit more fat than I did with the Zervelat
and Polish sausages because it they came out a little too meaty
without the richness. Even with the bacon there didn't seem to be
enough fat in the sausages. That's another thing I'm working on
controlling.
> If they can do it with hot dogs...
My question about the hot dogs and commercial Polish sausage is
that they are probably loaded with perservatives and my sausage
will be just meat and spice.

I'll take the risk and cook then freeze.

Making sausage is fun, but doing 60 lbs with just a Kitchenade is
a bit daunting.
 > Adamantius
Gunthar