[Sca-cooks] Freezing sausage

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 7 09:23:35 PST 2007

> I've not done it myself, but Jimmy Dean does it all the time...why don't you> purchase a package of the frozen, pre-cooked sausages and see what they> taste like.
My main question about the freezing of cooked sausage is because the major
companies may have additives that preserve the meat when reheated. My
sausage won't have any.
> I have frozen uncooked sausages...not sure, but you might try this, then> cooking them in the cooking bag??
I've frozen and then cooked homemade sausage with no problem. But they
don't cook well in the bag so I'd have to mess up several pots of clean water
to cook them.
> Kiri

Gunthar